Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Success x 4

I successfully made four new recipes. I tweaked a few I was in awe of from some other blogs!

The first dish I made was inspired by Oh she Glows. She prepared an avocado pasta dish, but I wanted to make it healthier substituting noodles for spaghetti squash!

My small 1 serving recipe calls for:
2.8 oz spaghetti squash
1 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1 oz avocado
Dash of basil leaves
Kosher salt & pepper

This dish was small, and I intentionally made it that way so I could afford calories on other recipes. You may adjust those amounts as you wish. Mine turned out perfectly. This recipe is sweet, yet salty at the same time, so it curbs those annoying cravings.

The next recipe I made up myself. I've seen blogs where they use unsweetened coconut in mixtures, but I wanted to combine oatmeal, almond milk, unsweetened coconut and banana together! Here's what it turned out to look like.



Oatmeal heaven<3<3 This is my second favorite to the applesauce and oatmeal mixture I invented!



I altered the mexican pie recipe from Monica's blog. She has some really interesting flavor sounding recipes, so I was daring enough to try it for myself! This is what the result was...

CHEESEY BEAN HEAVEN.

To make this I used:
1 wheat wrap
1/2 c black beans
1/8 c refried beans
.5 oz pepper jack cheese
2/3 c corn
and salsa!

It was very spicey, but totally worth it! It only cost me 358 calories and I was extremely full afterwards. But I still made room for dessert. I wanted to incorporate some sort of chocolate in a healthy way to today's calorie intake, so I melted three small dark chocolate hershey kisses to a small bowl of blueberries and microwaved it all to create a rich beautiful gormet looking dessert.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment